logo25

Owner says hero dog prevents gas disaster

HeroDog
Henry Armetta poses with his pup, Toby, after the friendly canine saved his owner and their home. Photo by Makenzie Davis

Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2015 — After his owner fell asleep with a pot on the stove, wire haired mixed terrier Toby ensured his owner was safe.

On Monday, Feb. 16, local Henry Armetta, 89, fell asleep on the couch with his hearing aids out and a pot of wheat berry boiling on the stove, while his wife was out shopping.

According to Armetta, while he was asleep the pot was making noise and boiling over on the stove.

Toby, realizing something was off, came to the living room barking, would jump on Armetta’s lap, and run back into the kitchen. He repeated the frantic barking three times until Armetta went in the kitchen.

For the full story and photos, read the Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2015 edition of the Lassen County Times.

SmithBox

Visitor's Guide
LassenVGCvr
Saturday, September 05, 2015